Top 10 warm weather escapes

Those of you currently enduring sub-zero temperatures might be interested to hear that Tripadvisor has come up with a top 10 list of warm weather escapes. áMaking the list are the following:

1. Cancun, Mexico
2. St. Thomas,áUS Virgin Islands
3. Playa del Carmen, Mexico
4. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5. Miami Beach, Florida, USA
6. San Juan, Puerto Rico
7. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
8. Orlando, Florida, USA
9. Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
10. Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

1. Sharm El Sheikh should probably drop off this list after the recent shark attacks :-/

My husband and I always rent vacation homes in Playa del Carmen – its absolutely lovely there.

2. Kerry Anda says:

I’m heading to Punta Cana at the start of Feb. I hope it will be as lovely as everyone says. It’s supposed to have amazing beaches.

3. Mary says:

How about including some tropical beach islands in East Asia, that enjoy warm sunny weather (almost) all-year around? Bali, Gili Islands (Indonesia); Ko Phi Phi, Phuket (Thailand) or even Rawa (Philippines) all spring to mind. Not to mention that Australia is the perfect winter escape — they’re enjoying summer Down Under! :)

4. Dan says:

I am partial to St. Pete Beach in Florida. It is much less crowded than Orlando, you have pristine gulf beaches at your disposal, and I find it a little more “down to earth.” :)

A kind of strange list i wonder what the criteria was and who were the audience would seem to be more swayed to a US audience. i would have thought the middle east or australia might have managed a mention.

for me it would definitely be sydney, australia – sun sea and sand as well as fabulous friends and restaurants what more would you want!

6. Aurora says:

I think that list if fair, I would be more than happy to visit any of those warm places right now.

7. The list would be complete if you added Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands! Perfect weather, beautiful beaches, great food and friendly people!

8. Emily M says:

If going to Mexico I’d skip Cancun and head for the Island of Cozumel just across the water, it’s beautiful and feels a bit more like the real Mexico.

9. Kylie Martin says:

I actually didn’t find Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt that warm in February. I was in jeans and a jacket in the Sinai desert until about 2pm. There was one really warm day, but not really walking around in your bikini top and shorts weather.

10. Dani says:

What about The Canary Islands?? 24 degrees as average weather and some beautiful spots and amazing beaches…

11. Jules Morgan says:

I know you included Honolulu but I would also add Maui. I know when it comes to a list everyone feels left out when they’re favorites are left out. :)

12. Rhydian says:

I would have included Perth in Australia. It may be a long way to go, but well worth it and when it’s winter in the UK it’s summer in Oz!