Cape Cod offers some of the finest restaurants and elegant dining g experiences you will find anywhere in the nation. If you are a green vacationer or a seasoned “Codder”, the question of “Where to Eat” is bound to ring out through your trip. Wherever you stand in the spectrum of the vacationing rainbow, a few recommendations about where to eat never hurt anyone. Upper Cape, Mid Cape, Lower Cape, Outer Cape, and The Islands all over superb cuisine opportunities, and 10 of those are listed here as a “Don’t Miss Out” recommendation.
• Brant Point Grill: Located within the White Elephant Inn, the Brant Point Grill (BPG) offers some of the best seafood and steak available on the Cape. From fresh caught Lobster to its famous Nantucket Crab Cakes, this location is a tastes buds dream.
• Ocean House Restaurant: A comprehensive wine list, Friday night live entertainment, and to die for plates like their Mac & Cheese make this restaurant an eating experience to remember. While there, be sure to try some of their signature cocktails like “The Corpse Reviver” and “French 75″.
• Roadhouse Cafe: This restaurant is located in the center of Hyannis and is a genuine local favorite. It’s menu is broad featuring bold Italian flavors for everyone including thin crust pizza, veal medallions, and calamari.
• Maguro Sushi Bar: If you want great sushi, there is no alternative. You need to visit the Maguro Sushi Bar. The head chef, a master sushi artisan, describes the flavors of the menu as combining classic sushi elements with those that are genuinely Cape Cod.
• Soprano’s Restaurant: Like the Sopranos? Like Italian cuisine? Are in ‘The Mafia’? Than this is an experience not to be missed. Upscale Italian food, a superior wine list, and some of the best martinis in the area make this a Cape Cod gem.
• Bleu: Known as offering the best French cuisine in Cape Cod, Bleu consistently receives highest praises from restaurant critics and Zagat raters alike. From escargot to duck confit, when you enter here and experience the cuisine, you will truly be transported to the French countryside.
• ABBA: Mediterranean flavors and Thai spices fuse together to create an unforgettable fine dining experience. The atmosphere is truly extraordinary and their prices are very reasonable. Enjoy the Cape’s best Pad Thai and a menu filled with fresh caught sea fare like bay scallops and halibut.
• Naked Oyster: If you are looking for fine dining and organic meats and seafood, this is your place. The Naked Oyster offers some of the freshest seafood in the area and showcases it in their raw bar selections like littleneck clams, oysters, and jumbo shrimp.
• Cape Cod Central Railroad: The term dining experience really means something at the Central Railroad. Here, you’re eating experience, as amazing as it is, is rivaled by a 3 hour train trip around the area. Go back in time and dress appropriately. FYI – This is an adults only trip so leave the kids at home.
• Paddock Restaurant: No “Top 10″ list would be complete without a nod to the Paddock Restaurant. The Paddock is a Cape Cod landmark and offers an amazing variety of locally fueled fare. Enjoy crab cakes, beef Carpaccio, and clams casino. A real Cape Cod tradition.
Keep in mind, this list is by no means comprehensive. Every fine dining location in the Cape offers its own unique experience. However, if you do make it to the area, do yourself a favor and make your trip a trip to remember by visiting one of the above locations for a guaranteed unforgettable evening of dining, drinks, and ambiance.
Nicolas DAlleva is the owner of Specialty Answering Service, offering worldwide answering services to travel agencies and vacation planners.