National Geographic has come up with a top 10 islands to visit. Now you might expect to see the islands of the Maldives or maybe one or two of the Greek islands, but no… this list is quite different. There’s no Fiji, no Seychelles, and it seems that even the Galapagos don’t make the grade for National Geographic this time around.
Here’s their list of the top 10 islands to visit.
1. Nantucket, Massachusetts, USA
2. Isles of Scilly, England, UK
3. Saba, Netherlands West Indies
4. Canary Islands
5. Fair Isle, Scotland, UK
6. Lord Howe Islands, Australia
7. Capri, Italy
8. Channel Islands, California, USA
9. Tahiti, French Polynesia
10. Islands of the Andaman Sea, Thailand
What do you think? Are you surprised at the selection? Are there some islands that you think they’ve missed, or some that you think shouldn’t be there?