4K photography – now you can capture the perfect moment every time!

Have you heard about 4K photography? If you haven’t, please read my introduction to 4K photography here. If you have, but you’re still learning,áyou’ll hopefully findámy 10 top tips to improving your 4K photographyá- which were compiled with theáhelp ofáPanasonic – helpful. If you haven’t much time and simply want to get a quick overviewáof what it’s all about, then please at least take a moment to watch the video below.

Regular readers of A Luxury Travel Blog will know that I’ve been working with Panasonic, shooting with the Panasonic LUMIX GX8 and, thanks to 4K photography, I’m finding I can capture moments like this with our dog, George, chasing leaves, that with a normal camera I’d be almost always sure to miss.

George chasing leaves

With 4K photography, and the bonus of taking 30 frames per second, you increase your chances of capturing thatáperfect moment. Bear in mind that I am new to this, too, but everything that you see in the video was shot during my stay at Combermere Abbeyáin Shropshire last month, almost alláfrom within the grounds of the Combermere Abbey estate, except foráthe opening sequence which was filmed at nearby Delamere Forest and the bit where he jumps over a fallen tree which was on Bickerton Hill.

Thanks go to my sons for helpingáto makeáthe videoá- my youngest foráthrowing leaves for George to chase, and myáeldest for being so patient when he wasn’t feeling too well (that’s why he’s looking a little subdued in the footage!)á-áas well as to the team at Panasonic. We hope you like itáand and that it gives you a more visual and tangible insightáinto what 4K photography is all about, and how you could apply it to your own photographic needs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in the comments below.

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Panasonic Lumix UK.

1. Prasad Np says:

This is sure a game changer and will take photography specially for sports to the next level. Also I think when you are taking group pictures, invariably somebody’s eyes are closed, now with 4K photography I am sure you will get a perfect snap…

2. Anthony Harrington says:

excellent! very cool shots and George is adorable! fab for action shots, very cool indeed! no excuses for poor pics!

3. sandy ralph says:

oh wow i could capture some amazing memories with this beauty, it sure takes some fantastic shots.I love it

4. Florine says:

I really need to get into 4K photography, I think it might solve a lot of issues for underwater photography with fast moving species!

5. John Crowther says:

Brilliant to be able to track back and forward in action shots to get the best still image in 4K – cuts down the need to lug additional gear around.

6. Hester McQueen says:

This might give others the impression I’m a photographer! It would allow me to select the best frame in a sequence which would be very nice. On the wish list.

7. As an amateur photographer/filmmaker, I need a really good camera to capture all that I feature on my blog. The camera I have been using is now broken beyond repair and I have been looking into purchasing a new one, but have also been worried about the prices. You could be my angel Olivier!

8. Maralyn Smith says:

Great for real action shots. Would love to try it out on the wildlife in my garden and also on my very energetic grandchildren. Fingers crossed as it looks amazing.

9. Talitha says:

Gosh…Amazing!
    Definitely interesting and I would looove a camera like this and brilliant for “kodak moments”

10. Joy Conway says:

This looks like a great camera. Very impressive. This would be perfect for traveling.
    Fallen in love with George! What a handsome dog.

11. Martina Evans says:

This camera is amazing – love the idea of 4k photography. I would really like to experiment with it sometime in the future. Great video by way. I love dogs and nature!

12. Beautiful shots. Just Loved the quality of the pictures and video. George is as mischievous as adorable :)

13. Carrie Talbot-Ashby says:

Gorgeous George! (We have Springers too!) back to the point lol, this would be amazing, with four kids all growing up fast, and the fact that I am just a rubbish photographer, this would really be a game changer for me. Would be so nice to get some really decent shots of the kids before they get any older! So yep, I’m loving this x

14. Wendy Malone says:

This is what i like about capturing the moment in youre photos,you dont get results unless you have a good camera.Thank you.

15. Antonio Santos says:

George is just an energetic pal! A good quality camera is a must to capture moving objects, animals or people.