As a man who has travelled the world, I can only base my opinions of luxury destinations on my observations which admittedly, is much different that a womans point of view. So I asked some well-travelled female friends: What are some of the most female-friendly luxury destinations? Great shopping and availability and variety of spas were themes they repeated, and key factors of respect and safety are high on the list of deciding features. Here are 5 of the destinations that stand out (and a couple cities that are in contradiction in friendly versus festering): 1. Bali, Indonesia (by Jessica) Jessica, originally from Indonesia, now residing in Australia, speaks multiple languages, and found it comforting to find that many of the locals speak English, Japanese and other languages in Bali. She mentions that she felt like a luxurious princess when partaking in the mesmerizing Kecak Dance, Barong Dance, and Balinise dance lessons. There are temples galore, and she recommends that women should take time to slow down and find a peaceful garden or temple for meditation and relaxation. Here are the special touches that make Bali one of the most female-friendly destinations:
- The luxury resorts have Asian atmosphere with global amenities most Westerners expect, and global travellers will enjoy.
- Visitors can find spas, massage salons, and fine nail art salons everywhere.
- For the adventurous women, find plenty of activities to choose from: Rafting; Scuba diving; Trekking the mountain; or Yoga on the beach.
- Shopping, shopping, shopping
- The locals are oh-so friendly.
- Stumble upon many gorgeous, fairytale-esque sites, including Cabo da Roca (the Western-most point in Europe) and castles abound!
- Be like royalty visit Sao Jorge Castle, Belem Tower and the breathtaking Pena Palace in the nearby Sintra. Theres even a coach museum in the city where youll see all of the luxurious methods of transportation for the Portuguese royalty over the years.
- A myriad of dining choices! Find local favorites along the water-front; Inventive cuisine of Tex-Mex; Cross-genre tidbits of French-Vietnamese plates; Elegant four-course meals; and more! (she recommends: https://lenoirrestaurant.com/)
- Its easy to get around rent a bike at stations around the city, walk, order an Uber car or car-hire.
- Feel equally comfortable dressing up, or skipping out in something casual. Overall, Austin is pretty causal, but while dressed up in bachelorette gear, youll get just the right amount of attention, without the harassment.
- If shoes are your thing, Amsterdam offers a vast range of shoe retailers for her, such as Shoebaloo, United Nude and more.
- The night is young, and so are you, so if you go there during summer, people will be out from 10pm onwards, and you will never feel bored, alone, or vulnerable at night.
- Most importantly, people in Amsterdam are friendly.
- Dont miss the stunning architectural sites: Duomo Di Milano; Teatro alla Scala; Sforza Castle.
- Yes, of course, there are marvelous fashion shows.
- Theres plenty of hip and elegant restaurants like Clandestino Milano an Italian Sushi restaurant, or Cracco the most awarded restaurant in Milan, and more.
- Visit the spa clubs and relax while sipping champagne, meditate in sound chambers, sooth your legs in a hot tub while chatting with the locals.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.