Europe’s top beach towns

After a day at the beach, it’s nice to have a base where you can take an evening stroll, dine out, etc. According to an email that’s landed in my inbox from Tripadvisor, here’s the top 10 European beach towns:

1. Monterosso al Mare, Italy
  2. Fira, Greece
  3. Menton, France
  4. Amalfi, Italy
  5. Propriano, France
  6. St Ives, England
  7. Ibiza Town, Spain
  8. Nerja, Spain
  9. Lagos, Portugal
  10. Cadaques, Spain

Do you agree with their choices?   Click on the comments link to tell us if you think they’ve missed somewhere more deserving of a mention.

1. Helen Palmer says:

Nice to see my home town of St Ives on the list! Cadaques is also very good, as we love the Costa Brava too!

The Costa Brava probably just edges it for the weather, but you can’t beat all that golden sand, fishing boats and of course, fish and chips!

2. Maya says:

I’m thinking Nice on the Cote d’Azur, French Riviera. It’s all stones and super clean.

3. […] A Luxury Travel Blog:   Europe’s top beach towns  […]

4. Simo says:

Even if they are amazing places, I don’t totally agree about Monterosso and Amalfi as the best beaches…I would put Isola Budelli, Sardinia (even thought is forbiddedn now) and Cala Violina, in southern Tuscany

5. simona says:

I agree with Simo about Cala Violina, but – even if not a real beach- but the best place to have a swim – in my opinion – is marettimo/egadi islands in sicily!!!

simona

6. I see in portugal the beach of Lagos is mentioned. In My opnion however the beaches in the East Algarve is better. Here there is a 15 km stretch of blue flag beach. Lovely yellow sand and 100 meters wide. In my opnion the best.

7. Adi says:

Recently stayed near Sperlonga in Italy and found it very nice. Incredibly quiet so we had the beach to ourselves practically.

I love amalfi as a beach town – fabulous location and stunning and doen’t lose any of its italian charm – definitely la dolce vita!

9. Emily M says:

Hurray for St Ives doing well on the list, it’s such a lovely place love going there… cream teas, catching crabs, picturesque and even has a Tate! Only small gripe is trying to park when you get there!

10. Francisco says:

Hi! I agree with comment number 6, Montegordo beach in teh Eastern Algarve or Vilamoura beach, Lagos beach is also a beautiful place to stay, there is nothing like it.

The Algarve has the best sandy and warmer beach waters of the all Europe ( including all the other beaches in the rest of Portugal ), and not forget about the 3000 and something sunny hours every year.

Great Algarve!!!!!!!!!!