Fast food outlet to open at Machu Picchu

Despite local protests,  the opening of a fast food restaurant at Machu Picchu has been  given the green light  by Peruvian officials this morning.    Machu Picchu is an ancient Inca settlement 80 kilometres northwest of Cuzco and is Peru’s most popular tourist attraction. In the interests of tackling obesity, the restaurant will be placed at the top of Machu Picchu which means you’ll have to burn a few calories to get there. And permission has been granted with  the condition that  Inca burgers must be on the menu.

Speculation is rife as to which fast food chain is heading there.  So far neither McDonalds  or Burger King have made any official comment on the subject. Locals have until midday today  to appeal against the decision.

1. Mike Davis says:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. Giorgio says:

Ahahahah… it’s a big-Peruvian-fish!

^__^

3. C. says:

That’s just sad. The, “sacred place,” just lost it’s cache.

4. Paul Johnson says:

Fear not… McDonalds or Burger King won’t be arriving at Machu Picchu any time soon! See the date of the post… it was an April Fool.

Paul

5. John says:

I know this is an April Fool but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was at least one McDonalds, Burger King or Costa Coffee paper cup lying on the ground at Machhu Picchu right now.

6. Kendal H says:

HAHA, this is a good one.

Got a fright when i read this at first then realised the date !

8. Paul J says:

You scared me with that one! Pretty convincing though, nice! haha

Machu Picchu really is a beautiful place and it would be sacrilege to open a fast food joint there.

9. Karen Scammell says:

So glad that isn’t real! Was just going to look up if it had happeneed yet!

10. Emily M says:

Oh that sucked me in, I see the date and the previous comments now! Sad state of affairs that story is almost believable! I still remember when we went to America when we were younger and my Dad couldn’t wait to take us to a brilliant burger restaurant… ‘Burger King’! I’ll have to remind him of that think he’d be quite embarrassed! :)