or even an umbrella. Following these steps should help alleviate a lot of your packing stress, leaving you free to concentrate on looking forward to your holiday.Whether you are jetting off to a far-flung destination or looking forward to a luxury weekend getaway closer to home, the stress of packing can really take the edge off your sense of anticipation. Packing for a holiday really doesn’t have to be a stress-inducing experience though, particularly not for those planning to stay in luxury accommodation. Stick to the following tips for travelling light and you will be well on your way to minimising packing stress (even if you are not ready to limit your luggage to the bare essentials just yet). It is worth remembering that the more upmarket your hotel, the more little extras you can expect to be provided and the less you will need to pack. You definitely won’t need to pack a towel or any toiletries and may well be provided with fluffy slippers, a dressing gown,
- Look for a suitcase or luggage bag that is lightweight when it is empty. You will be able to carry far more than you would be able to in a heavy suitcase.
- Roll your clothes. This makes maximum use of the space in your bag and helps garments to stay wrinkle free.
- Wherever possible, buy travel-sized toiletries. Shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste and even sun cream are all available in mini bottles and take up far less space than their full-sized counterparts.
- Find out ahead of time whether bulky items like towels and a hairdryer will be provided at your destination. If so, leave them behind! Try to be strict with yourself about what you really need.
- Bookworms beware: books are heavy and their weight will add up very quickly. Consider an e-book instead.
- It is a good idea to take clothes that are from the same colour family. Packing an assortment of coordinating items allows you to save on space, leaving clothes that don’t match at home.
- Take a good look at the contents of your suitcase next time you are unpacking after a holiday. Make a note of everything as you unpack it and decide honestly if you really need to take it with you next time. If you realise you forgot to take something important, make a note of that too. Leave this list inside your luggage bag so that you will find it straight away when the time comes to pack for your next luxury getaway.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.