A variation on the classic lemon drizzle cake, this orange drizzle cake is perfect to have with a cup of tea – its quite simple, not overly rich and has an amazing orange flavour. The cake itself is beautifully light, airy and yet still moist, and so makes for the most delicious Summer time treat. Enjoy!
IngredientsFor the cake:
10oz self-raising flour
8oz caster sugar
8oz soft butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
Rind of 1 orange
2 teaspoons orange juice
4 teaspoon orange curd
4 eggs beaten
For the drizzle:
8oz caster sugar
5 tablespoons marmalade
4 teaspoons of orange juice
DirectionsTo make the cake:
1. Mix all ingredients together and whisk for 3 minutes, Grease cake mould and place grease proof paper in cake tin.
2. Pre heat fan oven at 160 and bake for 50 (keep checking if looking to golden reduce fan speed heat)
3. Leave to cool in tin.
To make the drizzle:
1. Mix all ingredients together until sugar is dissolved
2. Prick warm cake with skewers while still in the cake tin and drizzle the mixture with a spoon.
3. Leave the cake to cool in tin for 30 minutes, then remove carefully and serve.
Fraser Soutar, Head Chef at Inn on the Lake, Ullswater, for the recipe.If you have a recipe you would like to share with A Luxury Travel Blogs readers, please contact us.
Paul Johnson is Editor of A Luxury Travel Blog and has worked in the travel industry for more than 30 years. He is Winner of the Innovations in Travel ‘Best Travel Influencer’ Award from WIRED magazine. In addition to other awards, the blog has also been voted “one of the world’s best travel blogs” and “best for luxury” by The Daily Telegraph.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.
Subscribe today to get our weekly newsletter! You don’t want to miss out!