Travel video of the week: The Maldives in 4K

Watch this spectacular 4K video of the Maldives, totally shot with the DJI Inspire 1 aerial platform. This is Patrice Gaucher’s inaugural video with the Inspire 1 and we think he did a pretty amazing job putting together this beautiful two-minute production.

If you would like to subscribe to our own YouTube channel, please do so by clicking here.

1. Nick says:

Awesome footage. Awesome camera-work. Awesome editing.

Great coffee-break fodder!

2. James says:

One of the great debates and dilemmas of luxury travel is whether it is best to arrive at your chosen Maldivean Island by boat f plane.

I think this breath-taking film puts in a strong vote for flying in.

3. Roger says:

It will be tragic if all that remains of the Maldives in fifty years time is this video.

Will future generations watch this beautiful film with a sense of regret for the beauty the world had lost?

Unless we can halt the trend of global warming, and halt it very soon, these islands of paradise, will be swallowed up by the rising ocean.

• Tara White says:

It’s definitely a worrying thought with how things are going. I do thing there’s a lot more awareness and far more eco friendly initiatives today than there were 5 years ago, let alone 10 years ago, so I’d like to hope we’re going in the right direction in turning things around a bit.

4. Zoe says:

Love it – but I want more!

Is it possible to use 4K to get sharp underwater film of the coral reefs and the shoals of fish?

Love to see that.

5. Tara White says:

Photos and videos of the Maldives like this one often make the place look too good to be true. It’s like photos of perfect destinations you see in travel brochures and have to doubt their authenticity. Absolutely incredible, such gorgeous water and scenery. I’ll often go on a boat ride of some description when I go somewhere with water, even if it’s Cardiff Bay, so I’d love to try a speedboat around there. I can’t believe I’ve never been to the Maldives, I definitely need to add that to my wish list soon!