Andaz Prague, from the Hyatt chain, located in the iconic Sugar Palace or enjoy a stay in The Julius, a new apartment experience offering ‘a feeling of home’ for travellers in a prime city centre location. Those who visit Prague in the autumn can stay in the luxurious W Prague, from the Marriott chain. The world’s longest suspended bridge opens in East Bohemia Discover the longest suspended bridge in the world. During the Spring of 2022, the longest suspended bridge on the planet will be inaugurated in Dolni Morava, East Bohemia. It will be located in the Mlýnické Údolí Valley and will connect the tops of two mountains. The walkway is exclusively pedestrian and has a length of 730 meters whilst suspended 95 meters above the ground! A city break you’ll never forget in Brno The second largest city in the Czech Republic, Brno, has been selected as one of the best city break destinations for 2022 by TimeOut magazine. This lively city is famous for its gastronomy scene as well as for its spectacular, historical city centre. Breathtaking views in the fairytale city of Český Krumlov Walk along a via ferrata in the center of Český Krumlov. Travelers who come to this fairytale city will not only enjoy the architecture but will also be able to try the Havranka Via Ferrata. This path is located on the rocky wall of Havraní skála, on the right bank of the Vltava River, a few minutes from the center of Český Krumlov. One of the peculiarities of this activity is that part of it runs through a double hanging walkway which, at 30 meters, is the longest in the Czech Republic. From the top, you can enjoy a magnificent view of the palace and the urban center of this unique city which has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Anniversaries In the coming months there is so much to celebrate in the Czech Republic. Amongst many other anniversaries, Czechs will be celebrating:From crafts that have been perpetuated by generation after generation to recipes closely guarded by families and traditional festivals that are preserved as national heritage, there are many reasons to visit the Czech Republic in 2022. Anniversaries and festivals will mark part of the country’s tourism calendar, as well as the new openings of hotels and tourist attractions. Here are 9 reasons to visit: 2022 is the UN International Year Of Glass One of the best preserved crafts in the Czech Republic is undoubtedly glass-making which dates back all the way to the 12th century. Glass, the eternal material, deserves a celebration of its own. Therefore the United Nations declared 2022 as the International Year Of Glass. The glass heart of the Czech Republic lies in the North of the country, in the Crystal Valley. The production of glass and jewellery has been connected with the region for centuries and the ongoing tradition of production itself does not differ much from that of a hundred years ago. The Crystal Valley connects glass and jewellery art. More than 40 companies, museums and schools are involved in the unique project. Visitors have the opportunity to take a peek into the world of original glass workshops. Various events will be taking place in commemoration of the year of glass including the summer festival Crystal Valley Week. The festival will be taking place in Liberec from 23rd till 28th August and will involve the glass making craft being introduced from many angles including glass making workshops, indoor and outdoor glass design exhibitions and much more. The annual Crystal Valley weekend will take place from 12th to 13rd November with more than 50 glass workshops, ateliers and museums open to the public. Stay in luxurious comfort in Prague’s brand new hotels Three new hotels will open in the Czech Republic’s capital this year. Visitors to Prague this spring will be able to witness the opening of the
- The 200th anniversary of the the birth of Johann Gregor Mendel, botanist and founder of genetics;
- It has been 140 years since the premiere of Bedřich Smetana’s My Homeland symphony cycle
- 300 years since the birth of classical music composer Jiří Antonín Benda
- 235 years since the world premiere of Mozart’s opera Don Giovanni.
- In addition, 1st July will mark the beginning of the EU Presidency of the Czech Republic.
- Festival Genius Loci in Litomyšl – June 9th to July 5th
- Rock for People in Hradec Králové – June 15th to 18th
- Festival Beats for Love in Ostrava – July 1st to 4th
- Festival Colors of Ostrava – July 13th to 16th
- Dvořák Prague International Festival – September 8th to 25th
- Janáček International Music and Opera Festival in Brno – November 2nd to 11th
- The Prague Half Marathon – April 2nd
- The Prague Volkswagen Marathon – May 8th
- The České Budějovice Mattoni Half Marathon – June 4th
- The Ride of The Kings in Vlčnov – May 27th to 29th
- Festivities of the Five-Petal Rose of Český Krumlov – June 17th to 19th
- Strážnice International Folklore Festival – June 23rd – 26th
- Festivities of the Pálava grape harvest in Mikulov and Znojmo September 7th to 9th
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.