Regular readers will know that I’ve been trialling a rather special camera this last few months – the Panasonic Lumix GX8 from Lumix UK. Retailing in the UK at £1099 with the 14-42mm lens, not only does it offer superb image quality but it’s also amazingly compact and has consequently taken the DSLR market by surprise.
One of the features I’ve been looking at especially – and which has accounted for Panasonic’s enormous success with this camera – is the ability to do 4K photography. In short, it allows you to film a scene and ‘freeze’ the action yet still achieve images at photographic quality at the rate of 30 frames per second.
The video below of our dog, George, on one of our recent trips, illustrates how 4K photography on the Panasonic Lumix GX8 works, and it’s by watching this video that you can be in the running to win one of these fantastic cameras for yourself. Simply watch the video, sign up to our mailing list and answer the question that follows:
At what point in the video do you first see George run into the lake?
We are using Rafflecopter to manage the entries and you can gain extra credits towards your own entry by doing things like sharing the competition on Twitter.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is A Luxury Travel Blog.
2. A Luxury Travel Blog contributors, Panasonic and their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition including helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter. The competition is only open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI), aged 18 years or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.aluxurytravelblog.com
5. Closing date for entry is 31st March 2016. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted. Only one entry may be submitted per participant. Multiple entries will not be considered. Incomplete, incorrect or otherwise invalid entries will not be considered. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The prize for each winner is as follows: one Panasonic Lumix GX8.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
10. Winners will be drawn at random by A Luxury Travel Blog from all valid entries received.
11. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. The winner consents to their name, postal address and mobile contact number to be passed on to Panasonic in order to fulfil the prize.
13. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrantís prior consent.
14. The promoterís decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Panasonic Lumix UK.