I’ve just received an email from Susie Ellis from Spafinder, predicting the top 10 spa trends for 2008. Here are her suggestions of what we can expect:
- The Feng Shui’d Gym: Spas will be offering new and unique gym designs.
- The Star Therapist: Spas and spa-goers will learn to recognize and appreciate the really gifted therapists.
- Wellness, Wellness, Wellness: Spas are not so much about pampering anymore as they are about wellness.
- Luxury Detox and Luxury Bootcamps: There is nothing wrong with mixing comfort and luxury while detoxing and getting in shape.
- Spa Real Estate Mania: There are many options now to buy a condo or home where the spa component is a key feature.
- Taking Sleep Seriouslyâ¦Especially if you want to Lose Weight: Research shows healthy sleep makes it easier to lose weight.
- Fertility Tranquility: Relaxing at a spa is good for your body, mind, spiritâ¦and conception.
- Hydro and Thermal Super-Experiences: Explore the large variety of beautifully designed water and heat experiences at spas – hot saunas, steam grottos, ice caves, etc.
- Urban Spa Explorer: Generation X, Y and others are discovering spa “gems” in the ethnic community of cities; Korean scrubs, Thai massages, Shiatsu, etc. often at no frills prices.
- Plug-in or Unplug: It’s up to You: Some spas don’t allow you to use your phone or Blackberry yet other spas do. Some spas have sections for each.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.