Israel’s Hidden Gems

Israel is not a large country. You can drive from its northern border to its southern tip in less than 10 hours. From east to west it will take you less than two. But this small territory contains an unimaginable wealth of natural landscapes, historical treasures and a rich cultural heritage – many of which have yet to be explored.

For those wanting to venture off the beaten track, the Israel Government Tourist Office is launching Israel, Hidden Gems – a collection of fascinating journeys steeped in history and culture that will allow people to discover some of the country’s most inspirational and unexplored experiences.  It will  show Israel from a different perspective and allow holidaymakers to become truly involved in the country’s past, present and future. From luxury hideaways, culinary trails and desert spas to archaeological wonders and ancient holy sites, Israel offers something for every traveller.

Israel’s Hidden Gems will be detailed in a dedicated brochure that will be available to order on the IGTO website.

1. Kendal H says:

Interesting. I have never been to Israel. I would love to float in the Dead Sea! Would be a surreal experience.

2. jen laceda says:

i was invited by Israel’s Ministry of Tourism for a 1-week blogger’s press trip, which I enjoyed immensely! They are really pushing tourism in their small yet varied country. We went to spa, horse ranch, atv, wine country aside from the usual historic sites. I’ll be posting more on my experiences in Israel after I come back from this vacation (I’m in Marrakech).

3. Kay says:

Kendal – I’ve never been to Israel either but got quite close, whilst staying at Aqaba in Jordan. You could see Eilat in Israel across the bay and it was tantalisingly close. Unfortunately the paperwork involved for even a day visit was too onerous to contemplate, so it had to remain a case of ‘you can look but not touch’.

4. Kay says:

Jen – your Israel trip sounds fantastic! I’d love to land a job like that. The Malaysian government is actively promoting MM2H (Malaysia My Second Home). I wonder if I could cajole them into paying me to do a blogging trip there.

5. Kendal H says:

Jen, sounds like a great opportunity. I look forward to hearing more about it. It is definately near the top of my to see list!

Jen – sounds like a wonderful trip – look forward to hearing about it – sounds like there was a lot to do & visit.