Excitement is building in the run up to next months Audi Hamilton Island Race Week (19th-27th August 2011), Australias largest and most prestigious offshore yachting event. With 100 entries received to date, a new Superyacht division for motor yachts and a stellar social programme, Hamilton Islands 28th annual regatta is set to be a runaway success. Offshore highlights will include:
- New motor Superyacht division
- New entries including radical new 42-footer Grand Prix racer, Q, and the Superyacht Janice of Wyoming , designed by prominent English superyacht specialist, Ed Dubois
- Past contenders such as supermaxi Loyal as well as five-times Rolex Sydney to Hobart winner, Wild Oats XI
- Categories for top-class racers Grand Prix, an IRC Passage class for modern fast-cruising yachts, performance racing and sports boat classes. There are also cruising, corporate, bareboat and non-spinnaker divisions
- Audi will present Australian fashion designer Collette Dinnigans Collette Dinnigan Cruise Collection 2011 at Hamilton Islands exclusive qualia resort. For the first time, Collette will also show her diffusion line Collette by Collette Dinnigan as part of the Wild Oats Ladies Lunch to be held at the iconic Hamilton Island Yacht Club
- The stylish Moet & Chandon lunch and the Audi Robert Oatley Vineyards chefs table dinners with celebrity Australian chefs Matt Moran from acclaimed Aria restaurant and Melbournes Shannon Bennett from Vue de monde
- Pandora will once again host its jewellery styling workshops with top tips from Australian Harpers BAZAARs fashion editors
- Golf clinics with Golf Pro Craig Parry, to bring performances up to par at the new championship Hamilton Island Golf Club
- On Lay Day, Wednesday 24 August, Hamilton Islands Great Barrier Reef Airport runway will turn into a thrilling drive test challenge devised by Audis motorsport champion. To win the major prize at Audi Hamilton Island Race Week, a new Audi A1, all crews must demonstrate skills both in sailing and driving with the final winner being chosen from the divisional winners and the Audi Final Drive Challenge. The winning crew will be announced at the presentation dinner on the regattas final day
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.