As more and more people decide to lead a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, it comes as no surprise that these restaurants have become quite popular across the world, including Barcelona. Times have changed since vegans had limited options while eating out with friends. Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or a curious omnivore, don’t miss out on our top five places to enjoy a delicious vegan meal in Barcelona. Teresa Carles In recent years Teresa Carles has become one of the hottest vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Barcelona. You can create your own salad and choose between many delicious appetizers, soups and pasta dishes. Teresa Carles has something for everyone including a wide selection of fresh juices and smoothies. They constantly update their Facebook page with the latest dishes and daily offers, as well as dates for their popular live cooking shows. Here you can watch the talented chefs prepare your favorite vegan or vegetarian dish. If you don’t have time for a sit-down meal, no worries! There’s a takeaway restaurant/juice bar situated in El Born named Teresa’s where you can get yummy vegan food for the road. Address: Carrer de Jovellanos, 2, 08001 Barcelona Flax & Kale With three locations in Barcelona: Tallers, Passage and Porter, Flax & Kale is perfect for you and your fellow flexitarians. Their health conscious yet flavorful dishes attract vegetarians and vegans from far and wide. A whopping 80% of their menu is plant-based, while the remaining 20% are recipes made of oily fish (so nutritional value is not lacking). At Flax & Kale, they believe that a proper diet is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, therefore they feel passionate about providing food that facilitates a healthy life. Discover the world of tasty, healthy, and sustainable food at one of their three locations. Addresses: Flax & Kale Passage: Passatge de les Manufactures – Sant Pere Més Alt 31-33, 08003 Barcelona Flax & Kale Porter: Passeig de Gràcia, 11, 08002 Barcelona Flax & Kale Tallers: Carrer dels Tallers, 74b, 08001 Barcelona Veggie Garden Veggie Garden is one of the more popular spots for vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Barcelona and it’s easy to see why. In their two locations, the friendly waiters serve tasty dishes inspired by Indian and Eastern cuisine. Whether you order exotic Thai dishes or vegetable lasagna, you won’t be disappointed. The atmosphere matches the décor: colorful and fun. Friends and families alike, enjoy this casual dinner spot. Want some additions to your main course? Try their freshly squeezed juices or their great selection of 100% vegan desserts! Addresses: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 602, 08007 Barcelona Carrer dels Àngels, 3, 08001 Barcelona Rasoterra While exploring the winding streets of the Gothic Quarter, you may find yourself at Rasoterra – a cozy vegetarian bistro. Stop in anytime during the day, and enjoy an array of homemade dishes with recipes from around the world. As an added bonus, the menu is also attractive for non-vegetarians. The restaurant uses only local and organic products, many of which are homegrown. Address: Carrer del Palau, 5, 08002 Barcelona Armonía Located in the heart of Eixample, this restaurant is known for successfully fusing vegan and vegetarian cuisine. Armonía opened its doors in 2015 and makes traditional dishes with a new and modern twist. The restaurant has a reputation for using only the best organic ingredients while respecting the environment in the process. Whether you go there to begin your day with an energizing breakfast, or end your night with some yummy macrobiotic foods, this is a beautiful spot. Armonía is also a great place for a date. Enjoy the romantic ambiance accompanied by a bottle of wine and a rich dessert. Address: Carrer de València, 240, 08007 Barcelona Have we convinced you yet? While exploring the city, be sure to stop by one of these five restaurants for some healthy,tasty food. Whether or not you’re a vegan or vegetarian, we can guarantee that these will be meals to remember! Sandra Roig is Marketing Director at AB Apartment Barcelona. AB Apartment Barcelona is an apartment rental agency offering over one thousand short and long term apartments across Barcelona. If you would like to be a guest blogger onA Luxury Travel Blogin order to raise your profile, pleasecontact us.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.