Have you ever dreamed of trekking to Everest Base Camp but never been sure where to start? Or maybe you liked the idea but wanted to do the trip in a little more comfort? Then look no further and see the Himalayas like you’ve never seen them before, with a 12-day Everest Base Camp luxury lodge trek in the Khumbu region of Nepal, followed by a scenic helicopter return to Kathmandu.
This is the ultimate luxury trip from Himalayan Scenery Treks, who have led the way in trekking in the region for almost 20 years. It perfectly blends modern luxury with the natural beauty of the Himalayas, ensuring an unforgettable experience whilst surrounded by the world’s highest peaks.
Priced from $3,999, the fee covers helicopter flights, accommodation in luxury lodges, meals, guides and porters, and all necessary permits for the Everest region. Himalayan Scenery Treks will book you the best accommodation in both Kathmandu and on the trail.
And you’re in for a real treat with the itinerary. It includes sightseeing in Kathmandu, plus a 5-star hotel stay in the capital, before a helicopter flight to Lukla. This avoids the sometimes overwhelming Kathmandu-Lukla commercial flight or the peak season flight to Manthali Airport which then requires a 4-5 hours’ drive to reach Lukla, and means that you can better enjoy the mountain panoramas before you.
You’ll need to be physically fit and be able to navigate rough terrain, particularly for the steep ascent to Namche Bazaar. But with a little commitment beforehand, it is easy to build up your stamina by doing some basic training to increase your core strength. Investing time in activities such as walking among the hills and mountains back home, jogging, swimming and other cardio activities, would all be time well spent. Plus, being a luxury trekking package, you should encounter fewer challenges when it comes to general services and overnight stays.
You’ll also appreciate the comfort of acclimatisation days, the opportunity to see stunning visitas and, of course, visit the iconic Everest Base Camp. The trek concludes with an early morning hike to Kala Patthar, on the south ridge of Pumori, which offers an exceptional view of Everest, Nuptse and Changtse, as well as glimpses of the summit of Lhotse. This is followed by a helicopter flight back from Gorakshep to Kathmandu, to add a touch of magic to the entire journey.
Here’s a day-by-day record of the itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu, attend a welcome dinner and meet the team.
- Day 2: Do some sightseeing in Kathmandu and prepare for the trek.
- Day 3: Take a helicopter flight to Lukla (2,860m) and hike to Phakding (2,610m).
- Day 4: Take a more strenuous hike to Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
- Day 5: Acclimatise in Namche Bazaar; hike to Syangboche Airstrip (3,748m) and Everest View Hotel (3,962m).
- Day 6: Trek to Debuche via Tengboche (3,880m).
- Day 7: Hike to Dingboche (4,410m).
- Day 8: Acclimatise in Dingboche; hike to Nangkartshang Hill.
- Day 9: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,910m).
- Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5,364m) via Gorak Shep (5,164m) and back to Gorak Shep for an overnight stay.
- Day 11: Hike to Kala Patthar in the early morning and fly back to Kathmandu in a helicopter.
- Day 12: Depart.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’ve ever liked the thought of visiting Nepal, trekking in the Himalayas and visiting Everest Base Camp – but perhaps been worried about the levels of comfort on offer – then this is the trip for you.
Here’s wishing you a fabulous luxury adventure in Nepal!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Himalayan Scenery Treks.
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.