One blog that I make a point of checking on an occasional basis is Sam Shank’s excellent TravelPost Insider. One of the main thrusts of the TravelPost website is on hotel reviews (particularly for the US) and, in a recent blog entry, he’s highlighted the hotels achieving the highest ratings from his visitors in 2006. In the “Top Rated $300+/night Hotels as rated by luxury travelers” category, the following hotels emerge with the highest scores:
- The Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel (Dana Point, CA)
- The Fairmont Kea Lani Maui (Wailea, HI)
- The Westin Maui Resort and Spa (Kaanapali, HI)
- W New York Union Square (New York, NY)
- The Ritz Carlton Kapalua (Kapalua, HI)
- The Westin Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
- Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach (Honolulu, HI)
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins (San Francisco, CA)
- Four Seasons Hotel New York (New York, NY)
- The Kahala (Honolulu, HI)
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.