Golf’s most extreme par 3 hole?

Legend Golf & Safari Resort in South Africa has a stretch of 18 holes designed by 18 different top golfers, including Padraig Harrington, Colin Montgomerie, K.J. Choi, Retief Goosen, Justin Rose, Trevor Immelman and Vijay Singh. The 19th hole is an extreme Par 3 that’s an incredible 830 metres long – so extreme that you need a helicopter to get to the tee!

1. John says:

Paul, are you sure you require a helicopter? Isn’t it possible to combine hiking, mountaineering and golf and minimise your carbon footprint? That really would be extreme golf!

2. Paul Johnson says:

Thought I could expect you to comment on that one, John. I have no idea how technically difficult it is to get up there, but I’m sure it can be done. Whether it can be easily done with a bag of golf clubs, I don’t know… but presumably only the one club, a ball and a tee would be all that’s needed for the shot.

3. Susan says:

Sounds like an amazing course before the 19th hole!!
    What I am keen to know is how you are meant to cover the distance in 3 shots!
    Does the ball have it’s own helicopter??

4. Paul Johnson says:

I think the ball simply ‘carries’ a long way, Susan, because you are starting from such an elevated position.

I wonder if anyone has done it in one yet…

wow whose brainchild was the 19th hole? where is the clubhouse?

6. Reunion Resort Villas says:

You wouldn’t want to slice it!