Top 10 places to monkey around

Love primates?  Here’s another top 10 from Tripadvisor and this time they’re swinging from the treetops with the ‘top 10 places to monkey around’.  Here’s the list:

1. Singapore Zoo, Singapore
2. The Jungle Place, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
3. Bodden Tours, Roatan, Honduras
4. Monkey World, Wareham, UK
5. Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Ngamba Island, Uganda
6. Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, Sandakan, Malaysia
7. Gamboa Rainforest Resort, Gamboa, Panama
8. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali
9. Tanjung Puting National Park, Borneo, Indonesia
10. Caves Branch Adventure Co. & Jungle Lodge, Belmopan, Belize

1. Kay says:

I can’t say that I’m a big fan of monkeys. I got bitten by one in a bar in Pattaya. I guess it was my own fault for trying to pat it.

Monkeys? Nah.

I’d like to meet some chimps, though. They seem a lot more intelligent than – erm, trying to be diplomatic here – the average person who’s not very intelligent.

2. wpjrnl says:

been in sacred monkey forest ubud – bali.. a wonderful experience.. !

3. John says:

Not one destination in Italy. There really is some monkey business going on this time! ;o)

i’ve been to the monkey forest in ubud – have to say not a fan of monkeys the little critters kept attacking me and my friends

my friend went to the singapore zoo to see the moneys and ended up in hospital after she fell and sliced open her foot don’t think singapore zoo is top of her list!

6. Karen Scammell says:

Haha, I must be a monkey fan as I have been to quite a few of these places and yes I recommend them all, especially Monkey World. The work they do is wonderful. I have been there twice now and weatched the TV series about it – heartwarming :) Have also been to Singapore zoo and labuk bay, but I have to say the best way to experience monkeys is having them running over and throwing fruit at the top of your cabin in the middle of the rainforest :p

7. Emily M says:

So badly want to go to Borneo to see the orangutans, people that have been say it’s an amzing experience