Are you someone who likes to take risks? You could brave the elements and scale Mount Everest. You could jump out of a plane with nothing but a nylon parachute and a prayer. Or, you could make the pilgrimage to India and order Fugu, the Japanese puffer fish so toxic it causes up to 50 deaths per year. Eat it anywhere but a licensed restaurant and you could face an untimely demise. India, did I say? Yes! This is a dish that is no longer served exclusively in Japan. It’s now available at the Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai‘s San-Qi Restaurant, the first and only restaurant in India with a Fugu-certified chef. Chef Kato Toshikazu first tasted Fugu at the age of 18, when he started working in the kitchen at Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo. After years and many hours of practice, he’s now licensed to thrill San-Qi diners who want to try the famous fish. And many do â the hotel imports two orders of Fugu from Japan a month!
Did you enjoy this article?
Receive similar content direct to your inbox.